Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Damn Good Man

Since I've ventured into the subject of great men, I wanted to post this poem written by one of the greatest men I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. My dad posted this on his blog exactly two months before he passed away. I haven't had the heart to delete his blog so you can view it there as well.

It's ok to ask questions,
It's better to demand answers.

It's ok to feel sorry for yourself,
It's better to release your emotions.

It's ok to complain,
It's better to compliment.

It's ok to accept hugs,
It's better to offer hugs.

It's ok to cry a little,
It's better to cry a lot (men, too).

It's ok to accept charity,
It's ok because people just want to help.

It's ok to talk about your illness,
It's ok to listen to advice.

It's ok to be angry,
It's better to be happy.

It's ok to have doubts,
It's better to have faith.

It's ok to have a bad hair day,
It's ok to be bald (women, too).

It's ok to pray,
It's ok to accept prayer.

"O Lord my God, I called to You
for help and You healed me."
Psalm 30:2

6 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great man..

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger The Cooks said...

...and he is healed...completely.
we love you megan! great times last night, looking forward to this weekend!! :)

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Thanks for sharing that with us...

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Yeah Lauren mentioned the shindig tonight...what time? Do I need to bring anything?

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Sounds good...Ill be there

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger TeddyCook said...

Your posts are powerful. Thank You! It's great getting to know you.
Teddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home