Monday, January 22, 2007

I (heart) NY

I just got back from New York City last night, and I must admit, I'm a little sad to be home. I absolutely love NY. I know that a lot of people find it dirty, smelly, and congested, but I think that all of those attributes just add to the character of the city.

Kathryn and I spent Friday just exploring the city. We had no particular agenda, and nothing specific that we wanted to see, so we just wandered. It was fabulous! You come across some very interesting things while you're walking the streets and we were definitely entertained. We started off in the Village, then headed down to Wall Street, made a couple of stops in Times Square, and ended our day in the Upper East Side. We basically covered the entire island in a day.

My favorite part of New York is by far the Village. I have definite aspirations of living there someday when I finish up school. I fell in love with a little neighborhood off of Bleeker close to Grove St. It was so perfect. Brownstones lined the street, there was a little corner market selling fresh flowers (even in the winter) and a little park that I'm sure is full of families during the warmer months. I could just picture myself walking up to my stoop everyday after work carrying fresh flowers to decorate my apartment.

Times Square is my least favorite area of NY. I don't mind the crowds and the noise, I just don't feel like you get as intimate of a connection with the city. It's definitely invigorating though. You can't help but develop of sense of self-awareness while you're standing admist all of the glitter and lights. You can almost feel the blood and adrenaline pumping through your veins. Times Square is good at making you feel alive.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there really is nothing better than the smell of urine and booze in the morning, i love ny too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home