Monday, November 27, 2006

Beautiful City

I am sitting here outside by the the pool that overlooks the water. There is a slight breeze coming off the ocean out of the east. The sun is setting, but it's still brilliant enough to warm my bare shoulders. This place, this city, is beautiful. Not in your typical, "this is God's country," way, but it has it's own beauty undefined by nature itself. This city has been made beautiful by God and by the talents that God has bestowed on man.

And yet, I want to leave.

My love for this city hasn't dimmed, rather it has grown stronger. That is not my reason for leaving. I really don't have a specific reason, other than the fact that I want a change. Leaving my home is not a decision I have come to easily or lightly. I have wrestled, struggled, and prayed. People have asked how I could ever leave Fort Lauderdale and the answer is easy. This is my home, the only home I have ever known. I have been very lucky to have parents that settled down and stayed. I have spent 27 years in this city, and I can feel it flowing through my veins. That is why I want to leave. That might not make sense to some of you reading this, and it might make perfect sense to others.

No matter where I live, it can't possibly compare to home. But, that's ok because no matter where I live, I know I always have a home.

And it's beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home