Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Seeing Me

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:20a

I have read this passage in scripture so many times and it has never seemed more real to me then when my pastor brought it up last night at my community group. I understand the passage itself, and the message it's conveying, but I never looked past the surface words to find the deeper meaning.

If I no longer live, then I cease to exist, and no one can see me. Not even God.

And if Christ lives in me, then what you see, instead of me, is Christ.

Which means, if God is looking at me, he sees Christ.

Amazing.

When God looks at me he doesn't see the lying, cheating, mocking, judging, blaspheming, doubting, ugly person that I am. Instead, He sees the Son that He loves.

Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home