Friday, October 06, 2006

I Drive on 95

I was in an accident today.

Not a horrible accident, nobody was hurt, but my poor little SUV was the middle car in a 3 car pile-up on 95. I got it from both ends.

Lucky me.

It was just typical rush hour South Florida traffic on 95. The car in front of me slammed on his brakes, causing me to slam on my brakes and stop just short of his bumper. The guy behind me apparently couldn't stop in time, hence the 3 car pile-up. It was one of those surreal moments where you're not quite sure how to react. Do I get out of the car? I mean, I'm in the middle of 95. Do I check to see if anyone's hurt? They guy in front of me got out of his truck, so I knew he was ok. Who do I call first? My parents, the police, insurance, someone to come pick me up? All these questions running through my head.

As I was getting ready for bed tonight, I started thinking about all of those questions again, and the one that really stuck out in my mind was the, who do I call first? question. I realized that I was not at a loss for people to call. I spoke to about 7 people between the time of the accident, and when the police showed up. Two of my friends were coordinating who was closer to come get me, without even talking to me, and I had 3 other offers to come pick me up.

I am so blessed with such wonderful friendships, I can't even begin to fathom what I've done to deserve such amazing people in my life. And I am aware of this fact all the time, but it's sad that it took an accident for it to really hit home. Thinking about the care and concern that I received this afternoon brings tears to my eyes, and I am not a crier.

So in all sincerity, I have to say,

Lucky me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home